Friday, October 12, 2012

Kids, back up your files!

This week was big!
The passing of my iMac meant a lot of things.
One, and saddest of all, I didn't back up my files often enough, so a lot of my latest digital work was lost....forever. =( It took me a few days to get over it... So kids, always back up your files (every 3 minutes if you must!)
Two, I was left without photoshop, illustrator and all the other adobe software which is a big part of my work.
Three, I got to sketch a lot and think of new ideas on paper. =)
And four, I was in serious need of new and improved technology.


Sooooo, long story short, my whole studio just had a 2012 make over. I'm yet to turn on my new iMac, connect my adobe suite6, and the coolest of all the new stylus tablet. It's a bit overwhelming, since the last time I had a major technology upgrade was in 2006. In computer years, that's like 300 years ago.

Hopefully I will get back on track soon. There is a lot of digital rendering to be done in the coming weeks, and many updates to come.
In the meantime, here is an iphone pic of a new series I'm working on... "The World of Broken Dolls".
I'm imagining something along the lines of "Toy Story'' meets "Saw".

WIP. Duotone version. iphone photo.

@Nata Ibragimov 2012


No comments: