Saturday, August 27, 2011

Surviving in NY


What can be more fun that surviving natural disasters every few days?!
I survived the earthquake on the roof of the Rockefeller Center, with the view of the whole city under me. Too bad I didn't feel a thing... Here is the view...


Now it's time to survive the hurricane!
And who knows what next week will hold for us, New Yorkers?! Never a dull day! =)

But, since I am spending the whole weekend barricaded in the house, I think it's time to update the blog...

More than half of my paintings from last year have sold, and I realized recently that I don't really have enough art to put together a new solo show. So I geared up the supplies and started painting a new collection, while experimenting with new mediums. Less oil paints this time. Too toxic for me. And more of everything else...

So, here is the beginning of something new...
Acrylics on Canvas & Swarovski Crystals, 30" x 48''

"Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter" - Oscar Wilde

4 comments:

Natasha said...

Same! New York is a wondrous place... Watch - next week there'll be another tornado.

Nata Ibragimov said...

yes, and godzilla the week after...

Melancholias World said...

hello :) i am a big fan of your art and i posted some pictures of your paintings, with a nice commend and an advice for your blog! i hope this is okay! if not , tell me and i will delete them! have a nice day, greeting anna maria http://beingannamaria.blogspot.com/

Nata Ibragimov said...

Thank you Anna Maria. As long as there is a link to my site, it's all good. =)