Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's my Half Birthday!!!!

What?! You mean you don't celebrate half birthdays?! Well that's no fun. Birthday once a year is just plain not enough. So today is my half birthday! yayay!

And for my birthday I decided to experiment with a new technique. Painting on plexiglass. I saw paintings done in this fashion a few times, and figured I should give it a try myself. Soooo much fun! and in result I got the dripping effect that I have been trying to figure out for years.
In the past I have done this dripping effect with oils paints and turpenoid mixture, but it was always messy and toxic, which was a downfall for me. Now that I found this new awesome medium, the possibilities are endless!!!

Here is the progress shot (when it was still translucent)....


and here is the final painting.
18'' x 24'' Mixed Medium on Plexiglass. Untitled...for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your works .... are wonderful! very congratulations!!!



http://punkyprincessincandyland.blogspot.com