Monday, May 7, 2012

The Puzzle


Wow, it is already May. I've been m.i.a. for the past couple of month.  Just really busy with work and other projects. My mind had been overwhelmed with ideas and inspiration lately. Not so much in quantity as in quality. Once in a while I tend to go through these deep philosophical phases. I guess this is one of them.
So on a psychological level I've been brainstorming theories on life. On a physical level, I've just been busy with random errands and jobs that I had to get done. Other than simply sitting home and creating art (which is very time consuming on its own), I have other work that occupies my time. Maybe another day I'll be more elaborate about my other jobs (which deserve their own entries), but for now back to this post. =)
"We must get rid of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us" - Joseph Cambell

I've been dwelling on this quote lately. Being a very plan oriented person myself, I try to live by plans. It's the only way for me to keep myself organized and in general to avoid loosing my mind. Well, looking back at things, most of my long term ''plans'' have failed. Some for better, some for worse. So basically, as much as I like to think that we, as people are in control of our destiny, I come to the conclusion that it isn't always so.
On a different yet the same note, all people are ever changing organisms and as we go through life, we morph. The events and people in our lives are what molds us into the people that we are. It's like a never ending puzzle with interchangeable pieces. This whole idea of the unknowns of life, and the pieces that put each one of us together inspired my latest illustration...''The Puzzle".
All this deep thinking also touched upon a totally new area in my brain and I came up with an idea for a web application. Yea, I know.....random. But it's true. Now I'm working on bringing this app to life. In my mind if works really well. If only it was as easy to actually develop it. But since I'm on the topic already, if anyone knows any talented UX designers, and program developers, please send them my way. We need to talk! (nataillustration@gmail.com)

Now, before this post gets too abstract, and I get off the topic all together, here it is....''The Puzzle"


and detail of the face..





1 comment:

Neenish Arts said...

Yes I agree with you, you can control things to a certain extent however things beyond your control happen in your life that affect your life, its how you respond that can make all the difference. xx